A completely manual coffee maker that is capable of making high quality, real espresso
- The Robot is a small, high quality manual coffee maker that makes real espresso
- It uses few parts, no complicated electronics and only premium materials like stainless steel - it is completely plastic free
- All you need is ground coffee, some hot water from a kettle and you are all set
- The whole process is simple and takes just a few minutes - no need for any capsule machine and less plastic waste for the landfills
- Features a professional 58mm stainless steel filter basket
- Also has a bottomless portafilter just like pro machines
58mm filter baskets - the same size as professional semi-automatic machines. The Robot's baskets are extremely high quality, they are made by the same factory that makes some of the best baskets in the world.
Stainless Steel Tamper - Included is a stainless steel tamper designed and machined to precisely fit snugly in the basket and has tapered side walls to prevent ground coffee being sucked back when you lift the tamper.
Extraction pressure Ignore the magic 9 bar, that figure originally referred to the pump output pressure of a Faema E61 machine, when in actual fact the pressure at the group will be lower, maybe even 1-2 bar lower. Traditional lever machines (as measured by us) typically extract at 6-7 bars, and since the basket and piston on the Robot are the same size, we suggest you initially aim for 6-7 bars as well and adjust as preferred.
Temperature management The Robot is clearly not going to give you a La Marzocco type flat temperature profile. But water off the boil poured into a gently pre-heated basket will yield approx 95 deg c water, and will give you up to 88 deg c coffee output from the basket.
Extraction ratios Certainly a 2:1 ratio of beverage mass to ground coffee is possible i.e. a 16g coffee dose can easily yield a 32g beverage weight. You can increase the beverage weight up to 40-45g if needed.
Bottomless is best For best results we recommend using the portafilter without the spouts - but when using the pressurised basket it is best to use with the spouts attached.
It's a lever machine Lever machines can be very forgiving thanks to their gentle pre-infusion and the soft ramp up to full pressure.
Currently no warranty information for this product. Please contact us for more information.
|Colour||Polished Aluminium And Retro Green Options|
|Material||Aluminium and Stainless Steel|
|Number Of Groups||1|
|Portafilter Baskets Included||Pressurised and Non-Pressurised|
|Pump Type||Manual (lever)|
|Type Of Controls||Manual|
|Volts||Does not use electricity|