June 17th 2020:
The Covid-19 Pandemic has created an enormous increase in package volume for all Canadian couriers. Packages volume is similar to what is experienced during peak (Christmas) season and the requirement of physical distancing in addition to higher absenteeism due to the pandemic has led to significant backlogs at courier companies. Couriers are working very hard very hard to get packages delivered and we ask for kindness and patience when dealing with our courier partners at Fedex, Canada Post and Purolator. All courier companies have suspended delivery and money back guarantees and iDrinkCoffee.com cannot guarantee delivery by any certain date. There is nothing that we can do on our end to speed up shipments.
Currently the situation stands as follows:
- Internally iDrinkCoffee.com is not experiencing any shipping delays, orders are being shipped every day and the delays in delivery we are seeing are caused by overwhelmed courier companies.
- We are now shipping the majority of our small parcels with Purolator instead of Canada Post. Larger items are split between Fedex and Purolator.
- We are avoiding all shipments with Canada Post at this time except to rural/remote destinations, po boxes and the territories. If you are shipping to one of these destinations please allow for 5 weeks for delivery.
- We are seeing delays of 2 to 5 days with Purolator (in addition to standard shipping time) depending on the part of the country.
- We have seen delays of 1 to 2 days with Fedex Ground service
- All courier companies have suspended delivery and money back guarantees and iDrinkCoffee.com cannot guarantee delivery by any certain date.
- International shipments including shipments to the USA are also experiencing delays. We are not offering Canada Post shipments to any international destinations as they are taking 2 months or more.
- We have adjusted our shipping options temporarily to reflect the changing logistics situation.